|Game||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Previous Level||Kino der Toten
|Next Level||Call of the Dead|
|Date||Between October 16th and November 19th, 1963|
Ascension is the eighth Zombies map included in the First Strike map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was released on February 1, 2011 on the Xbox 360, March 3 on the PS3, and PC on March 25, 2011 for $14.99.
Ascension takes place in an abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome. The map features Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen as playable characters and includes two new Wonder Special Grenades, the Gersch Device and Matryoshka Dolls (replacing the Monkey Bombs), as well as new perks such as PhD Flopper and Stamin-Up. Double Tap Root Beer does not appear. A new enemy, called Space Monkeys, also appear in this map, replacing the Hellhounds and Pentagon Thief (from previous maps). A new power-up, Random Perk Bottle is also available.
- Centrifuge Floor 1 - Door (750)
- Centrifuge Floor 2 - Door (750)
- Stairwell Floor 3 / Base Level - Door (1250)
- Lunar Lander B [ Б ] Access Door (1250)
- Lunar Lander D [ Д ] Access Gate (1250)
- Lunar Lander F [ Ф ] Access Door (1250)
- Pack-A-Punch Access Gate (1250)
- Power Room Door (1000)
- Power Room Gate (1250)
- Pack-a-Punch Machine room
- To gain entry to the Pack-a-Punch Machine, all lunar landers' landing pads must be used. Once a player has ridden all three back to the Centrifuge Room, the player can activate the rocket by pressing the button to the right of the power switch. After the rocket has taken off, the large door concealing the launch area will open and the Pack-a-Punch Machine will be to the right. It costs 5000 points as usual. There are four barricades in here to make camping harder. Also, if the player shoots at the rocket and blows it up, a Double Points power-up will appear in this room.